In late 2017, Supply Nation invited all businesses on Indigenous Business Direct to vote for the members of the 2018 Indigenous Business Advisory Group. Tagai Management Consultants founder and Managing Director, Murray Saylor nominated and has been appointed as a member of the 2018 Indigenous Business Advisory Group.
Murray shared the following words via social media after the announcement of the Group:
"Au esoau (big thank you) to my Supply Nation peers and Supply Nation for the opportunity to become a member of the 2018 Supply Nation Business Advisory Group. I am humbled and welcome the opportunity to work with fellow Group members, Supply Nation, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander businesses, Chambers/Networks, and our communities to continue the growth of the Indigenous business sector."
Purpose of the Supply Nation Indigenous Business Advisory Group?
The focus of the Indigenous Business Advisory Group aligns with Supply Nation’s vision to build a prosperous, vibrant and sustainable Indigenous business sector.
The Indigenous Business Advisory Group will assist Supply Nation by:
- Providing direct feedback to the Supply Nation Board via the Chief Executive Officer on pertinent issues facing Indigenous businesses registered and certified with Supply Nation;
- Providing high level advice on supplier diversity best practice from their business perspective, and;
- Providing ideas and/or information and feedback to support the development of tools, programs or initiatives designed to allow Supply Nation to meet its stated purpose.
Membership is comprised of up to three (3) Supply Nation Registered Indigenous businesses and up to three (3) Supply Nation Certified businesses and represents the broad geography of Australia. Supply Nation may appoint up to two (2) additional Indigenous Businesses to the Advisory Group. Member representatives from the registered or certified business must be of Indigenous descent.
The 2018 members are:
- Narelle Anderson – Maybell Group Pty Ltd (Prevo), owns both Certified and Registered businesses based in NSW, NT & SA
- James Carroll – Boomerang Debt Recovery Pty Ltd, a Registered business based in NSW
- Shane Kennelly – Kennelly Constructions Pty Ltd, a Certified business based in QLD
- Katina Law – Indigenous Professional Services, a Certified business based in WA
- Michael McLeod – Message Stick Communications Pty Ltd, a Certified business based in NSW
- Sam Reuben – Sawere Reuben, a Registered business based in QLD
- Murray Saylor – Tagai Management Consultants Pty Ltd, a Certified business based in QLD
- Paul Smith – Koori Enterprises Aboriginal Corporation, a Registered bu siness based in NSW
The terms of reference for the Group can be found on the Supply Nation website http://www.supplynation.org.au/indigenous_businesses/indigenous-business-advisory-group/
As a valued new or existing supporter of Tagai Management Consultants, the Company is committed to creating sustainable economic independence within communities and celebrating our supplier diversity. Our motto is focused on "maximising opportunities to make a difference."